The Cumberland YMCA is a powerful association of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. Since 1874, strengthening the Cumberland community has been our cause. Every day we work side by side with each other to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
The Cumberland YMCA believes all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. Through our Out of School Time Program which serves more than 200 youth representing all social-economic groups, children are developing values, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, and educational achievement.
The Cumberland YMCA is a leading voice on health and well-being. With a mission centered on balance, the Y brings families and neighbors closer together, encourages good health, and fosters connections through fitness, sports, fun, and shared interests.
• More than 106 seniors participate weekly in fitness, wellness and aquatic programs
• More than 2,000 children and adults participate in our Indoor Soccer Program
• 55 young people are engaged in the YMCA’s Swim Team Program
Volunteers are paramount to the on-going success of the Cumberland YMCA. Whether developing educational skills or providing housing for families in crisis within the Tri-State
Region, the Y’s volunteers are raising $130,000 annually for the continued support of these services to our members and program participants.
• By providing housing for 109 individuals and families, we address the homeless problem in our area
• We provide parenting, life skills and employment training to an average of 10 teen parents per week
• 95% of pregnant or parenting teens complete their high school education through the Gilchrist Center Y
• We awarded more than $110,000 in financial assistance for memberships
The mission of the Cumberland YMCA is to serve human needs through programs and services that promote lifelong personal growth and the balanced development of the spirit mind and body.